1. Name: Mick
2. Team: surfcrazy
3. Surfing Since: fall 2007
4. Favorite Board:
pretty much any board, i enjoy experimenting and own many brands. i’m partial to ssi modifiable boards. nothing like shaping your own and decorating. tuning board is a real plus. i like party waves too!
5. Favorite Wave:
never met one i didnt find joy on
6. How did you come across surfing on SL and what was your first initial reaction to it?
i did search for surf, surf city popped up, i landed there rented 1/2 the towns stores before i had any merchandise! i was so stoked to meet rob, thor, sierra, suen, grabbed a rob john board and hit it!
7. Are you involved in the SLSA (second life surfing association) in any way? (competitions, events, etc.):
i’ve tried to ride every contest since season 1 2008, dabbled in marshalling and judging. milo and abel were huge help and are still good friends. sl surf professor bobbi was a giant help as i progressed. proud sponsor since 08.
8. What are your thoughts or opinions on the direction on the SLSA from 2012 and beyond?:
new riders are ripping, all are stoked. i see more involved in staffing comps, we always need more help so all can enjoy.
9. What do/did you find positive and negative about it?
How would you like to see it improve more?: positive is ppl having fun!
10. Do you compete in any surfing competitions SLSA or non?
11. What do/did you find gratifying and dissatisfying about competitions?
i love seeing new talent win, hate lag.
12. How do you feel about the SLSA using non SSI boards for competions? (ex; HP5, LSD, Action)
since the boards exist why not give all of em a shot?
13. If you are currently inactively involved in competitons (surfing, judging, etc.) what was the reason for leaving?
14. What are your thoughts on the team dynamics?
teams are fun, ppl you share fun with, help and cheer for.
Is there a team you particularly like?
surfcrazy 🙂 because we are!
15. Is there anyone on here that particularly had an impact when it came to surfing, mentoring, and overall being a role model for you?
so many influences its difficult to post my whole friends list here. all have brought something to the party!
16. What was your favorite moment or memory on surfing here?:
too many to list.
17. Is there anyone you know or knew that isn’t active as much in surfing and would like to see come back?
thor, rob, mons, jt, shi, cippy, craig and chrissy, aldo, yendor, poid, connie, heather, sebastian. all creative and most of all fun!
18. Many people have strong opinions when it comes to SL surfing and RL surfing. What is your take on the comparison?
there’s no comparison, no rl bloody feet, reef scars or life changing injuries, no gas money needed or strength and balance just to paddle thru waves. sl does provide the thrill and stoke like rl plus great friends world wide.
19. Do you have any advice for new SL surfers on here?
if you can walk in sl, even poorly you can learn to surf 🙂 relax, enjoy! any questions ask a surfer 🙂
20. Any other thoughts?
go for it! home beach is bratta / tortola. Always open for team surfcrazy try outs for new team riders!